Dear Magnolia Dental Patients,
We have re-opened the office as of today, May 11th, 2020. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are opening with many changes and precautions to safe-guard the health and safety of our patients and staff. I would like to take the opportunity to tell you about some of the measures we have implemented to keep everyone safe, as well as prepare you for some of the changes you might notice in our protocols.
- Increased and updated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff
- Requesting that patients please wear a face covering when they enter the building until their procedure begins.
- Intra-oral High Volume Evacuation during certain procedures: extra suction to reduce spray and splatter
- Extra-oral High Volume Evacuation
- Top-quality High Efficiency Air Purifiers designed to remove particles (such as viruses, bacteria, mold etc.) from the air
- Plexiglass sneeze guards around the reception desk
- Extra time scheduled between patients to allow for increased disinfecting measures
- Limiting the number of individuals in the building by:
- Asking that patients attend their appointments alone (some exceptions include for minors or those who have caregivers that must accompany them.)
- Adopting a lighter and more staggered schedule
- Screening both patients and staff
- Questionnaire specific to symptoms and risk factors
- Oxygen levels
The next time you visit us for an appointment you will be asked to call when you arrive. Someone will take you a questionnaire regarding your current health status, possible exposures you may have had to Covid-19, and risk factors. You will then be asked to please wear a face covering as you enter the building where your temperature and oxygen levels will be assessed. When you enter the dental operatory, we will ask you to rinse and gargle with a hydrogen peroxide solution for 30 seconds, then replace your face covering until we are ready to begin the procedure.
Change is difficult, but we are implementing these steps to make sure you are as safe as can be. We are hopeful and look forward to a time when we can return to the more relaxed environment we are accustomed to, but for the time being, safety is our top priority.
Thank you for your understanding, patience and cooperation,
Carmen Johnson, DDS